Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Courtney's Cravings...

     Summer 2010 is finally here! Therefore, it is that time of year. You know?? The time of year that everyone anticipates?  When the whole summer is laid out before you, and there is only one thing to do... It is time... to make... a LIST! Now, this is not just a typical list of "to-dos." Oh no, this list is a contract with oneself laying out all projects that are to be completed by the end of the summer.  What? You don't do this too? Hehe..Oops... I guess it is just my family then.  
     Well at the beginning of the summer each year, I make a list of goals I would like to accomplish before school returns.  More often than not, only a portion of that list has the honor of being crossed off. Sadly, this has become a habit that I am going to beat this year.  
"Hello, my name is Crafty Courtney, and I vow to finish my entire list of summer projects this year!" 
I may regret publishing this, but now I can be held accountable.  So there you have it!

And to further this accountability... here is my list and some explanations: 

Baby Gifts - (One of my best friends is having a baby this summer! I am super excited to make her some unique and crafty gifts for her beautiful baby boy!)
     -Stuffed Animal Dinosaur 
     -Baby booties 
     -Bib
Accessories - (Just for fun!)
     -Hair Bows
     -Tote Bag
Clothing - (Some sewing/tailoring projects that are going to challenge my abilities)
     -Summer Dress
     -Skirts (potentially multiple, but I will be satisfied to complete one)
     -Tailor Black Dress (I purchased a dress online that needs a teeny bit of work.)
     -Sorority Letters (I would like to make letters to put on t-shirts and bags that display my Greek pride. 
     They also make great gifts for the sorority sisters.)

Another advantage of posting this list is that you now have an outline of posts to come! Hopefully, as I finish each project I will be able to post a picture and further description.  This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment